The S2 mixer was manufactured by Allen & Heath but not sold or marketed by us. We manufactured it on behalf of Thatched Cottage Audio, a distributor in South-East England (now defunct). Consequently we do not have brochures or price-lists for this console. S2 was an 8-buss in-line studio recording mixer with MIDI Mute Automation.
Many of the features developed for the S2 were later incorporated into the GS3.
- MIDI automation of channel, monitor and effects return mutes
- Formats: 16 and 24 channel versions were produced
- 8 audio groups
- 6 aux busses
- In-line monitoring
- Channel direct to tape switches allowing up to 24 tracks to be recorded at once
- Separate EQ for channel and monitor paths
- Dedicated stereo cue monitor output
- 4 stereo FX returns with EQ, cue sends and routing to all outputs
- Monitoring and record source switching for two 2-track machines
- Dedicated stereo control room monitor output
- LED bargraph metering and separate channel peak LEDs
- Inserts on channels, groups and stereo mix
- Monitor and talkback facilities
- 2 frequency line-up oscillator
ImportantAllen & Heath + macOS Catalina
The correct operation of this product with macOS Catalina is not yet verified by our development and test departments. As a result, macOS Catalina is not currently supported.
As our test programmes are completed we will update this notice.